September 16, 2009
FileUtilsCM is a plug-in for setting different file or folder attributes.
It is a set of several utilities which can:
- refresh the look of an object in Finder,
- copy path to clipboard,
- touch creation and modification date,
- toggle lock,
- set write/read-only Unix attribute,
- toggle extension visibility,
- set file type and creator from extension (consulting InternetConfig
- remove file type and creator,
- remove resource fork,
- clear "execute" Unix attribute,
- remove all Mac attributes (delete all metadata, including resource fork, clear file type and creator and all Finder info),
- obtain file information in "File Info" submenu.
What is new in version 1.8 Download (Mac OS 10.4 or higher)
- Added 64-bit binary for Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard (requires Abracode Shortcuts)
- Added "Remove All Mac attributes"
- Spanish localization by Emilio Perez Egido.
What is new in version 1.7.3 Download (Mac OS 10.4 or higher)
- Rebuilt for Leopard compatibility
- Setup access directly from contextual menu
- German localization by "the Alien".
What is new in version 1.7.2 Download (Mac OS 10.3.9 or higher)
- Fixes a problem with "Unlock" not showing for locked files
- Fixes a problem with "Delete Resource Forks" and "Clear Executable Attributes" not showing for multiple selection
- French localization by Sebastien Casartelli
What is new in version 1.7.1 Download
- Does not crash in Mac OS 10.3.9
What is new in version 1.7
- Universal Binary
- Set write/read-only Unix attribute
- Remove resource fork
- Clear "execute" Unix attribute
- Unix attributes information in File Info
What is new in version 1.6
- New option to remove file type and creator
- Choose file path style to be used in "Copy Path to Clipboard" function. Available path styles are: URL, Unix, Mac, Windows.
- Lock/unlock and extension visibility functions are improved when multiple files are selected. No more "toggle" behavior.
Menu behavior and usage
- You may deactivate any module you do not need with FileUtilsSetup.
- Plugin is activated when you click on any object in Finder.
- Folder or disk size is not calculated (nor bundled application).
- Aliases are not resolved, you can set properties or view information
about alias file itself.
If you want to see it before downloading and installing, please take a
look at FileUtilsCM screenshots.
FileUtilsCM.dmg.gz (Mac OS 10.4 or higher)